yoga tips to increase height
Last Updated: 24-10-2017 11:34:48
Tall people or those with average height often find it unreasonable to ponder over increase height. However, for those among us whose height is shorter than the usual average, height becomes a sensitive issue. If you too feel that height matters and you would like to add a few inches to yours, you need not pop pills or go to extreme lengths. There are a few simple yoga poses that can let you increase your height and achieve mental peace.
Though you can’t increase your height overnight, you can add a few inches for sure if you adhere to your yoga routine, and have self believe in yourself. Complementing your exercise regimen with a good balanced diet is also important to increase height as a nutritious diet will provide your body with the required doses of all the necessary elements, it’ll help you a lot.
Here is the simple yoga asana poses to increase height. Let follow it, and be taller:
1. SUKHASANA (increase height)
The easiest pose to start with is Sukhasana.
• You need to sit in a position where your crossed legs touch your thighs.
• Place your hands resting on your knees, and breathe in and out slowly. Make sure that you inhale and exhale at an even pace.
• While you breathe in and out, keep your spine completely aligned, and lower your knees gently while pushing your buttocks to the floor.
• After a count of 5 to 10 deep breaths, raise your arms upward – over your head, while inhaling and bring them down gently and steadily while exhaling.
Repeat this move for 5 to 10 counts. With this position, you will be able to control your breathing and become aware of your body, both of which will help in other asanas to increase height. What’s more, Sukhasana will tone your hips and lower back, thus helping the cartilage in those areas to decompress.
2. UTTANASANA (Also called the standing forward bend pose)
• You need to stand, keeping your feet about 18 inches apart, while your palms would rest on the back of your thighs.
• Then bend forwards as far as possible, while sliding your hands down along the side of your legs. Make sure not to bend your knees and to keep your hands firmly on your legs. Though you will feel the resistance increasing in your knees as you bend, do not bend them or the asana’s effectiveness would get lost.
This asana is an effective method to stretch your hamstrings, calves, neck, hips, and your entire back muscles, apart from relaxing and decompressing your spine.
3. ADHO MUKHA SVANAKHA (Often called the downward dog stretch)
• Get down on your hands and knees.
• Keep your legs apart by approximately the shoulder width while your fingers should be straight forward.
• Now, position your elbows in such a way that the inner arm points away from you.
• Taking a deep breath, curl your toes under as if you were trying to stand on them.
• Straighten your legs in the next step while you exhale and push your arms upward. (This push will lengthen your spine, provided you make sure that your feet is planted on the ground and your legs stay straight)
• Hold this position for 10 counts and then bend your knees to the floor while you exhale.
This is one of the yoga poses included in the traditional Sun Salutation. It is an effective yoga pose to increase height by stretching and increasing your body’s flexibility.
4. JANU SHIRSHASANA (Also called the head to knee position)
• Sit on the floor with your legs fully extended in the front. Bend one leg as close as possible, in a “P” shape, by pulling the heel towards your body, while your buttocks stay planted on the ground.
• Now face the extended leg by slightly rotating your body, inhale while raising your arms over your head keeping your back straight, and bend forward slowly as you exhale. Bend by rolling forward on your buttocks, and not at your hips.
• As you bend, your thigh muscles will get stretched, which in turn will stretch the hamstring and help in better flexibility.
• Your forward bending motion will culminate in lowering your arms to grab your foot, which then should be pulled forward. Repeat the move by bending the other leg, which was previously extended in the front. Practice 5 counts for each leg but make sure that you do it with a slow pace and breathe deeply throughout the regimen.
Also make sure to stretch out your spine fully to increase height.
This yoga pose is a great way to stretch your hamstrings and decompress your spine. While doing this asana, you will need to touch your head on the knee without bending your knees and making sure that your legs stay straight.
There are a range of other stretching poses and yoga postures that you can perform to increase height. However, it’s best to consult a qualified yoga practitioner before you begin performing these yoga poses as doing them in the wrong manner or without supervision during the initial stages may cause injuries. So, perform these yoga poses in combination with some others that you trainer may prescribe to increase height.
See more: YOGA TIPS FOR BACK PAIN