laughter yoga health benefits
Last Updated: 24-10-2017 09:43:09
Frist, we need to know, what is “laughter yoga”?
"Laughter yoga combines laughter with yoga breathing exercises . . . It approaches laughter as a body exercise so it is easy to laugh even if you're depressed or in a bad mood. I've tried it, and it works."
- Oprah Winfrey, American famous singer
Laughter yoga (Hasyayoga) is a practice involving prolonged voluntary laughter. Laughter yoga is based on the belief that voluntary laughter provides the same physiological and psychological benefits as spontaneous laughter. Laughter yoga is done in groups, with eye contact, jokes and playfulness between participants. Forced laughter soon turns into real and contagious laughter.
In the mid-1990s, laughter yoga was practiced in the early mornings in open parks, primarily by groups of older people. Laughter yoga was made popular as an exercise routine developed by Indian physician Madan Kataria, who writes about the practice in his 2002 book Laugh For No Reason.(source: Wikipedia)
You would like to bring more laughter and joy to your life when you stressed, sad or depressed !?. There are so many benefits you can receive from laughing...I’ll show you five benefits that Laughter Yoga offers for your health and wellness:
• Emotional improvement. Whether it is personal life, business life or your social life will depend on your emotional state. If your mood is good, you can do better. Laughter yoga help to change your mood in a few minutes by releasing chemicals called endorphin in your brain cells. You'll be in a good mood every day, and friends to smile more often.
• Dispel stress. Laughter Yoga bring to you more oxygen around your body and your brain. That make us feel comfortable and energetic. When you do Laugher yoga, it reduces physical, mental and emotional stress simultaneously.
• Increased resistance. Laughter yoga strengthens the immune system not only prevent you sick, but also can help to cure many diseases, such as hypertension, diabetes, heart disease, depression, arthritis, allergies, asthma, bronchitis, back muscle pain, migraine, menstrual disorders, cancer, etc.
• Improve the quality of life. Laughter is the best way to begin a normal conversation whether with friends or people you do not know. It is also the best way to make an impression to open up the relationship between two people together. Your quality of life depends on whether you have a lot of good friends or not. And the first impression is important to bring you a nice relationship.
• Improve attitude when facing challenges. People can smile when everything was fine. But what when faced with challenges? Laughter yoga helps to create a positive mental state, regulating breathing helps us calm in order to find a solution. Besides, it also gives us hope and optimism to overcome difficulties.
We’re not laughing because we are happy: we are happy because we are laughing!
– William James, American psychologist and philosopher